Welcome to the Houston Area Carriage Association
Reception Friday 5 p.m.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 2, 2014
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Burleson County Fairgrounds, Highway 36 S, CALDWELL, TX
Training: ADT Test #1;
Preliminary: ADT Test #1
Complete Details at
or call Mark Witte at 713-582-3242
can purchase Individual or family liability insurance thru EquiSure for $19 or $38 per year respectively.
THIS IS AN OPTIONAL BENEFIT FOR HACA MEMBERS AND IS NOT REQUIRED FOR MEMBERSHIP.
Here are the facts:
HACA purchased general liability insurance from Equisure to provide coverage at specified HACA sponsored events, e.g. Pine Hill HDT, the ADT, Brookhaven drive. That insurance covers the club, participants (including volunteers), the organizer, directors and officers and officials in the event they are sued in connection with an injury at the event. The insurance does not provide coverage for anyone outside of the specified events.
An additional benefit that is available to club members is the option to purchase individual excess personal liability insurance. The way it works is as follows:
1. The club buys general liability insurance which covers the club and its members at events listed on the policy, e.g. Pine Hill and the ADT. This insurance is currently in place.
2. By purchasing the general liability insurance the club is entitled to obtain personal excess liability coverage for its members at a nominal fee.
3. Individual club members can purchase the personal excess liability coverage at a cost of $19/individual or $38/family per annum. The policy covers property damage and personal injury caused by the insured’s equine at any location – NOT just at club events that are covered by the club policy. It does not cover injuries to the insured (i.e. the driver) – that would be covered by the person’s medical insurance. It also does not cover injuries to the horse that is owned by the insured but would cover damages to another person’s horse if the insured is sued.
4. The insurance is designed to act as excess liability coverage BUT if the individual does not have basic homeowner’s insurance, this policy will act as primary coverage.
5.The excess liability policy runs from Jan – Dec so for this year the coverage will end on 12/31/14 and you will need to pay an additional premium for coverage for 2015.
6. You must be a member of HACA to purchase the insurance.
7. The insurance does not cover “professional” activities, i.e. trainers or carriage rides for hire – anything for which compensation is received.